Contracts 101 for the Construction Contractor
Mar 8, 2023 - 3:00 PM (ET) - Live, Online
Hosted by CFMA
About this Event
Wednesday, March 8 & Thursday, March 9, 2023
3-5 PM (ET), 12-2 PM (PT)
Are you ready to learn how to analyze and improve your construction contracts? While you don't need to be a lawyer to read a contract (though you absolutely want one to), you do need to understand what you are reading. This course will teach you how construction contract sections fit together and which clauses to look out for to protect your company’s bottom line.
After completing this course, attendees will be able to:
- Understand how construction contract sections fit together
- Identify terms that create risk for your company
- Propose and modify contract language to protect your company
- Select and develop standard clauses you should use
- Use your company’s attorney more efficiently
Level & Prerequisites
This is a group internet-based course at the Basic Level. No prerequisites or advanced preparation is required. A basic familiarity with construction contracts is recommended.
Earn 4.0 CPE credits in the field of Business Law.
Who Should Attend?
- Contract administrators at all levels of experience
- Contract negotiators at all levels of experience
- Construction company owners
- Leadership team members
- Risk management personnel who assess contract risks
- Superintendents, project managers, and other in-house staff who monitor or apply contract language on a job
- $150 for CFMA Members
- $209 for Non-Members
CFMA Colleague Discount
If you are a CFMA member and would like to enroll someone at your company in this course who is not a CFMA member, please contact CFMA at email@example.com for more information.
CFMA Group Discount
If you are interested in registering a group of individuals at your company, please contact CFMA at firstname.lastname@example.org for more information.