Project Management Fundamentals for the Construction Financial Professional
Feb 8, 2023 - 3:00 PM (ET) - Live, Online
Hosted by CFMA
About this Event
Wednesday, February 8 & Thursday, February 9, 2023
3-5 PM (ET), 12-2 PM (PT)
The success of a construction project depends on the contributions and strength of the entire team — including the financial professional, as well as open communication, understanding, and collaboration. Managing, tracking, and forecasting the financial results of a construction project requires the understanding of each project phase.
This program teaches construction financial professionals the language of construction project management, how the information available relates to each project phase, and provides expert insight on what can go wrong and how to make it right. Take a journey through a sample job and map it through every project phase, including the adjustment and alignment of financials and data, and explore how to collaborate with the project manager to deliver the most profitable results.
After completing this session, you will be able to:
- Explain the structure and activities required for successful project management
- List the project management steps and discuss the importance of collaboration with other construction project stakeholders
- Identify potential project risks at all stages of the process
- Describe all aspects — from both an operational and financial perspective — of the contract life cycle, including all facets of project bid, acquisition, contract initiation, construction, and completion
- Discuss opportunities to improve communication to enhance project performance and safety
- Implement lessons learned and incorporate proven principles and best practices for successful project management
Level & Prerequisites
This is a group-internet based program at the Basic Level. No prerequisites or advanced preparation required. A basic understanding of construction accounting and financial management is recommended.
Earn 1 CPE credit in the field of Finance and 3 CPE credits in the field of Management Services.
CPE credit can only be earned by attending the live session. CPE credit is not available by watching the recording.
Who should attend?
- Financial and other professionals who work with construction projects and/or interface with project managers, operations, risk/insurance, and legal departments
- Individuals who may have managed financials for non-construction related industries, which may include surety, banking, and insurance professionals
- $150 for CFMA Members
- $209 for Non-Members