March 2016 Chapter Meeting
5:00-6:00 Cocktail Hour & Technology Showcase
*CPE Credits = 1.5
CFMA Members: Included in Chapter Dues (Free)
RSVP: click here to "Register Now" and complete payment via our online registration process or contact Torey Lizzotte at email@example.com to reserve your spot.
Topic: Mobile Technology for the Field
Speaker: Rob McKinney, aka. ConAppGuru | JB Knowledge, Inc.
Rob McKinney is a self taught construction technologist. Rob developed a love for technology with his first Atari game machine. Whether it was learning how to play Donkey Kong on his first Atari Game Machine, or setting up iCloud on his latest iPad Mini, he has always been fascinated with electronic devices. Rob attended Georgia State University and earned his BA in Philosophy and Religious Studies. He served as a volunteer in the U.S. Peace Corps in the Solomon Islands.
Rob began his career in construction as the Safety Director for J.M. Wilkerson Construction a General Contractor based in Marietta Georgia. Rob has also worked for New South Construction and XL Catlin Insurance. In his career he has managed the safety, quality, and training programs for over a decade. He does not manage IT needs in the office, rather he manages app and device use on the project sites. Rob is currently serving as the Chairman of the AGC Georgia Technology Committee and is a member of the AGC of America IT Forum Steering Committee.
Rob is on a mission to educate the construction industry about the uses for new apps and technology on projects. The end goal of the presentation is to educate on streamlining processes by your Field Staff and creating a more collaborative environment. Rob will cover these 5 top workflows for the Field:
- Plan management: how to move away from paper based management to digital management on mobile devices through the cloud.
- Daily reporting: how to move away from paper based forms to digital forms on mobile devices through the cloud.
- Progress photos: how to move away from analogue digital cameras to apps used mobile devices for real time capture.
- Time entry: how to move away from paper based forms or Excel to digital forms on mobile devices through the cloud.
- Safety documentation: how to move away from paper based forms to digital forms on mobile devices through the cloud.
**Mobile Technology vendors will be on hand for you to “Test Drive” the latest mobile solutions**
Social hour will be sponsored by:
By registering for this event, you are giving your email to JB Kowledge, Inc for marketing purposes.